Friday, April 24, 2009

A misnomer

Who ever said less is more, did not consult with my three-year old.

Accessories have no boundaries when it comes to Kaitlyn.

Each morning she tells me she is “going to go get pretty.” Then, she emerges some time later wearing a watch, bracelet and anywhere between 2 to 5 necklaces.

Last month we went to her friend Ryder’s house to do a St. Paddy's Day project. She used just about every sticker in the house to decorate her green hat.

Now, whenever she gets a sticker – e.g., from Trader Joes, Easter stickers – they go onto the St. Paddy’s Day hat.

“Mama," she tells me. "I’m making my hat fancier and fancier.”

The hat looks like a TGIF restaurant at this point. Or, at the very least some enthusiastic employee wearing a ton of "flare."

Because sometimes more, is just, well – more.

3 comments:

Stasia said...

She is so going to work at TGIF when she turns 16 ... can't you just see her now???

Anonymous said...

She is such a cutie! She definitely has flare ;)

Jenny said...

I like her hat! She's got creativity and style.