Friday, April 17, 2009

Skirball with Jake

I had been planning to take Katie to the Skirball for at least a year .

I kept seeing other people's posts and hearing great stories from friends.

So, finally my friend Carrie and I took just the older kids (good idea Carrie) earlier this week.

There was a Superhero exhibit which was a bit lost on them.

Katie has no idea who Superman is.

They both just stared blankly at the actual-sized phone booth -- the kind Clark Kent would change into Superman inside of -- as Carrie explained this was how people used to make phone calls.

Geez, sometimes I feel old.

Katie really liked the room at the Noah's Ark exhibit where you can climb up high in the rope tunnels and ramps.

I love watching her and Jake together, they're like a little old married couple.


4 comments:

jean said...

i've been wanting to take the kids but wondering if there'd be enough to do. looks fun!
so awesome that you and carrie hang out so much!

Jenny said...

It is nice have that special friend. they are cute together.

Kate said...

I have a 50% off coupon for there...now this makes me want to take Ben even more!

dana said...

I'm so glad you went! (and that you had a great time). Adorable holding-hands picture. Awe.