Saturday, April 18, 2009

Big Fun

The Little Wickies went to an amusement park for the very first time today.

I wasn't sure what to expect. I haven't been to Magic Mountain since my high school boyfriend took me there a zillion years ago.

We conferred with the map and we were off.

Katie was excited, and I mean excited.

She actually squealed with delight the first five minutes in the park when she saw the big carousel.

As our friend Megan said, that squeal alone was worth the trip.

I have to admit, I was completely scared for my little girl going on her first roller coaster ride.

I know, I know it was just a kiddie roller coaster -- but still, she's my little girl.

So, I stood there with bated breath and watched her.

And she loved it.
She loved all of the rides.


Even those awful rides that spin.


This is Song after going on one of the spinning rides with Katie. I'm so glad that he went and not me. He was actually sweating when he got off.

Katie, of course, was completely unfazed and kept asking "Why you don't like the spinning Papa?"

Katie didn't even want to stop to eat. For those of you who know Katie you will recognize that this is HUGE. To put it in perspective, one of the few times she had an accident after being potty trained was because she didn't want to stop eating her lunch.

We had to go to a show (a really bad one) to get her to sit down and eat.

Then, it was back to the rides.

She liked this one so much she went on it twice. Once with me and once with Song.

Song and I discussed the fact that we now firmly believe she is going to absolutely love Disneyland.

Song is not thrilled with this since it is not his favorite place. I've heard him tell Katie that Disneyland is a make believe place...not sure how long he's thinking that is going to work.
She even went on rides by herself. Here she is squeezed between two bigger boys.
And, of course a day would not be complete without a train ride.

She went on three carousel rides and three different train rides.

Maddie enjoyed her first day of carousel riding with her big sister like a true Little Wickie.

It was hot today, so Katie enjoyed the fountains.


As we were leaving Katie was complaining and asked multiple times why we were leaving so soon (mind you it was 4 p.m. and we had been there since 10:30 a.m.)

And, by the time we reached the car...

4 comments:

Kate said...

Oh man, if she loved this..she will LOVE Disneyland!!! Song's a good man for going on the spinning ride...I don't even do that for my child!

miyo b. said...

wow - looks like so much fun!! i'm ready to do disneyland when you are ;)

Jenny said...

I'm with you on the spinning rides. I used to love them when I was little but now I feel like your husband. I'm glad you made it into some pics. What a great time for you all!

dakotasmommy said...

fun fun. I love that she doesn't let anything (except magic mountain) get in her way when it comes to eating a girl after my own heart....