Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The things she says

One day when waiting for Song to come home from work Katie turns to me, puts her hands on her hips and says adamantly, “Where is my husband?”

I explained to her that Papa was my husband and he was her daddy.

Katie got visibly upset. “Why I don’t have a husband?”

The conversation followed with sadly asked questions such as “when can I have a husband?”

Then, a week or two later at bedtime she said, “Mama, I want you to sleep with me.”

I told her that I don’t sleep with her.

“How come you and Papa sleep together?”

I explained that we shared a room and that we were married.

Since then, she has been obsessed with getting married.

Last week in the car Katie says, “Mama, I want to get married.”

I told her okay, when she gets older she can get married.

“I want to marry a daddy.”

Umm, okay.

Pause in the conversation.

“Mama, all the daddys are taken.”

Another long pause in the conversation.

“Oh no!”

“What’s the matter Katie.”

“I don’t have a white dress!”


4 comments:

Jenny said...

That is the sweetest post and picture. It's cute to see how their minds go from one thing to another.

dana said...

Oh, so funny and so cute!
My friend's daughter had a similar conversation the other day but her little girl was freaking out over not being able to be a mommy yet and wanting to have TONS of babies RIGHT NOW.
It's so fun to see how their minds perceive the world around them.

Lana Lulu Handmade said...

This is so hilarious! I love reading your posts. Your girls make me laugh!!

Stasia said...

No worries on the white dress ... tell her I wore a lime green t-shirt, white mini skirt and flip flops to marry Pete. I had my toes done first, of course. ;)

We adore Katie over here ... more crafts (and no three dollar charge) over here soon?