Monday, January 26, 2009

Big Things Happening in Maddieville

Maddie is almost six months old. It sounds so cliche but where has the time gone? What happened to my little grumpy-old-man-faced infant Maddie? (Come on you have to admit virtually all infants have grumpy old men faces).

Madeleine had her first meal -- if you call soupy rice cereal a meal -- this weekend. She didn't love it, but didn't completely spit it out.




She is also already up on all fours and rearing to go. Check out the video with her rocking back and forth. She can pretty much get to anything she wants these days on the floor with a clever combination of rolling, spinning on her belly (to the right only), and scooting backwards on her hands and knees. There is no foward movement yet, but I'm afraid it is going to happen pretty quickly at this point.

I went back and checked my old pictures and videos of Katie and she wasn't getting up on her knees until she was almost nine months! I know this was pretty on-par with her friends because we hung out with a bunch of other babies exactly Katie's age and were comparing them constantly.

Here is Katie right before she crawled in Aug. 06 when she was 8 months old.


3 comments:

miyo b. said...

wow - they look sooo different from one another in these videos. maddie is geared up and ready to join katie and her friends in playtime!

Lana Lulu Handmade said...

I love how katie's mouth opens wide as she helps feed maddie in the first pic. Too cute!

Laura said...

I can't help comparing my girls either. It's amazing how they develop at such different rates.