Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Day Without Chocolate

A while back Song asked me "can you remember a day you didn't eat chocolate?"

I pondered the question.

"No."

It's so stereotypical that I'm a chick and I love chocolate. I hate stereotypes, I mean I really hate them -- but for the life of me I can not stop eating chocolate.

I don't know how people keep chocolate in their house and refrain from eating it. You know what I mean, like those pretty little glass bowls with Hershey's kisses in them. I asked a girlfriend who always has holiday-themed candy on display how she stays away from them, "oh I don't know, I guess I just think of them as decoration."

Really? I think of them as CHOCOLATE. Meanwhile, I don't care if it's August and they are little pink and red foil covered hearts from Valentine's Day --when no one is looking I will steal those chocolates and shove them in my mouth.

I crave chocolate. When I'm dieting I dream about it. Don't get me wrong, I still eat chocolate when I'm dieting. I eat that Skinny Cow stuff, and the fat-free brownie mix that Trader Joe's sells. I know, I know it's not really chocolate but, it does the job -- most of the time.

Today after lunch I was seriously craving chocolate. When this happens I'm pretty much unstoppable. I've been known to try to make chocolate pancakes at 10 p.m. because the only thing I had in my pantry was coco powder.

Today I ravished Katie's chocolate coins from Finn's pirate birthday party.

Then, I moved onto the only other chocolate I could find in the house -- chocolate chips which I ate with peanut butter.

I know I'm sad. But, I'm only a girl.

5 comments:

Kate said...

admitting you have a problem is the first step........

miyo b. said...

i completely understand - we both need help.

Jenn Kirk said...

You must have been really desperate to be eating chocolate coins. :P

Have you tried TJ's pound plus bars? Or Scharffen Berger? To. Die. For. We need to have a chocolate party. Just us moms.

Jenny said...

I'd come to the chocolate party. Luckily there's always something which is not so good for my backside. It just tastes so good.

Jennifer said...

Awesome! Last week I wanted chocolate, it was late, and did not want to go to the store. The only thing in my house was Cocoa Powder. So, I made chocolate frosting (cocoa powder, butter, LOTS of powdered sugar, drop of milk). Then, I took the bowl into the livingroom, and ate it all... by the spoonful. It was absolute Heaven. It was also something like 1000 calories. Yes!