Monday, January 12, 2009

Birthdays Galore

When Katie was a newborn I had just moved to a new town and had recently stopped working a 65+hr a week corporate job in San Francisco. My new life was completely different and I honestly didn't know how to live it, nor did I have any friends to figure out how to do this.

Mommy & Me classes were my savior. I met some of my now best friends in those classes. The great thing was all of the babies were born within the 3 months. We were all going through the same things and could really support each other.

Now, three years later because of this November through January is officially "Birthday Season."

You may have already figured this out since I have been posting a lot of birthday stuff lately. I do love that they are an ideal place to take some fun pictures.

Here are some highlights from recent parties.


Hayley's birthday party was a big hit with Katie. It was at a jump house. For those of you who don't have children, this is essentially a warehouse-type place with multiple generator-blown up jump-houses inside. They have places to slide, climb and of course jump on and inside of. Great energy-burner, I highly recommend taking your kid there.

Apparently Hayley asked for a green fish cake. I loved what Amy ended up doing to appease her, putting green and yellow chocolate fish on top of the cupcakes -- just perfect.


I had Maddie in the sling that day and so -- darn -- couldn't go down any of the slides with Katie. So Katie glommed onto her friend Ryder and his mom Stasia for some group sliding.



With her bud Kai on the thrown.
Amelia's birthday party ended up being the princess party though not planned by her mom. All of the girls donned Amelia's dress up dresses, tu-tus and more.

Note there is plenty of room on the couch Dylann and Katie are just always up in each other's space.
The weather was absolutely beautiful at Lara'a birthday party where the kids noshed on pizza.











Giving the birthday girl a big hug.

No comments: