Monday, December 29, 2008

Yummy Mama

Last week Katie had her first cup of hot chocolate.

We had gone on a little bike ride and it was chilly. I told her I was going to have a hot cup of coffee when we got back and asked her if she wanted a hot drink to get her toasty as well.

Her response was an eager "yes."

I made her some her some luke warm sugar-free hot chocolate with fat free milk (my husband would think this was absolutely disgusting I'm sure) and her response...

"Yummy Mama."

She repeated this each and every time she had a sip, swishing it around like mouthwash before she swallowed.

All bundled up, we sat outside sipping our drinks and watched the sunset go down.

I even turned on the fire pit that is until it started to spit flames from the ground near the pit. I quickly turned off the gas... one more thing to fix, oh well -- we'll have to take a look at that later.



2 comments:

miyo b. said...

so after a day of listening to dylann talk about hot chocolate, i made her a cup last night - what do you think she did? "mmm..", then after a couple of sips, "all done mama." typical.

Jenny said...

Yum - the first hot chocolate. Wait until they ask for marshmallows and whip cream. Love her smile in that first photo - says it all.