Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Fong

Today Chris, my husband's best friend, joins the "34 Club."

Chris is known for many things among his friends -- talking too much and eating too little are among them (that's sarcasm for those of you who don't know him all that well).

The man can seriously consume unimaginable amounts of food. He can still eat like he is 21-years old. A while back he self-instituted a rule: "One Meal Per Sitting." Since he hasn't "gone public" with his blog which explains this rule and where it spawns from I will try to sum it up...

Chris was always that guy who would finish other people's meals at a table. A couple of years back Chris felt his eating was getting a little out of control (mind you this guy is still pretty fit). Because of this, he self-instituted a rule: "One Meal Per Sitting." It's pretty self-explanatory. However, there are significant loop holes in this rule, for example, family-style meals like Chinese food and pizza fall into this category -- I mean who's really to tell what "one meal" is in this kind of setting, right? In these loophole situations, Chris will allow himself to indulge.

You have to witness these occasions -- they can be momentous and quite impressive, if you're impressed by this kind of thing.

Here's wishing you a family-style dinner for your birthday Chris. Happy Birthday Dr. Fong!

and, yes that is Chris holding Maddie -- a baby -- if you can believe it.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday to your husband. I like his eating philosophy. I need to follow that. I'm constantly finishing up my kids' meals...I definitely don't have the metabolism I used to. Hope it's a fun day. Happy New Year!

Becky said...

Funny, he's not my husband -- my husband's best friend actually.

Lana Lulu Handmade said...

Its funny...he sounds a lot like my husband. Always finishing MY meals.