Monday, December 22, 2008

The Madness That Is Me

Okay, so Jenn "tagged" me awhile ago and I have yet to follow through -- though I'm not entirely convinced of the legality of her tagging eight people.

So, here goes...

Seven things about me. New to you.

1. I love musicals (Katie can sing a good portion of New York, New York) and know all of the words to every song in The Sound of Music and My Fair Lady.
2. Every time I see the movie Cat on a Hot Tin Roof I cry.
3. My daughter's middle name is for both my husband's grandmother and my favorite literature character Elizabeth Bennet.
4. To continue my literary nerdiness, my second daugther is partially named for one of my all-time favorite authors Madeleine L'Engle.
5. I once wrote a final paper in college entitled "Alvin & the Chipmunks and the 80's Culture of Materialism."
6. I've seen every episode of the television show Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
7. I dream primarily about two things -- playing sports and when dieting I oftentimes dream of eating chocolate -- dreams so vivid I wake up and virtually taste it in my mouth.

And, since I don't have a ton of friends, I'm re-tagging Miyo since she hasn't done this yet.

4 comments:

Jenn Kirk said...

So fun to read about you! See, we never reveal all the good stuff at playdates because we're too busy talking about potty-training and the usual parenting chatter.

Kate said...

Oooh, I love that you used Miss Elizabeth Bennet as inspiration!

miyo b. said...

okay, i don't even understand what i'm supposed to do - that's how out of it i am. am i just supposed to write 7 things about myself that no one knows?

btw - didn't know you were a buffy fan - how funny.

Becky said...

To Miyo: yes. We'll be waiting to see your list lady!