Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sweet & Funny - More Guanajuato Moments

I take dozens of photos a day at home in surroundings I see everyday, so you can imagine how many I took during my trip to Guanajuato.

I picked out just a couple of sweet and funny moments to highlight today.

Diego Rivera was born in Guanajuato, so I visited the home he was born in on my trip. Upon entering, I looked up to find a gaggle of school children looking down at me. They were so cute dressed in their navy and white uniforms I had to snap a photo.


Then, there is the story of the girl and boy who had a romance in a tiny alley where their balconies were close enough to kiss -- El Callejón del Beso. It's sort of a Romeo and Juliet story that ends unfortunately just as poorly.


What is more romantic than being serenaded by your lover? Here is the groom singing a well-known Mexican song to his bride-to-be at the rehearsal dinner.




When the music started, the tables cleared and virtually everyone was on the dance floor. Someone from the groom's side -- an uncle? -- grabbed a drink out of some one's hand, placed it on his head and started dancing.

Song saw this picture and now wants to adopt this as his official party trick. I fear for when he begins practicing this.


1 comment:

Jenny said...

What a really fun place. I love the picture where everyone has fruit on their heads.