Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Holiday Craft Party

I'm starting to be convinced that I'm the most un-Martha-esque person in my town.

Katie and I got invited to a super cute holiday craft part this week. I have to say the food and decorations were five-star. Jennifer and our friend Ross from the zoo hosted the event and there was no detail overlooked.


Jennifer made these amazing little pot pies and three-cheese macaroni dishes to gnosh on.



Katie enjoyed the tricycles tremendously.



Then we got to the highlight of the event for her -- the craft-making.



After thoroughly covering herself in paint, Katie enjoyed some of the delectable food including about 7 pieces of watermelon (that and paint is what you see all over her shirt).



When Katie met Ross and I told her that he worked at the zoo, she looked at him like a rock star. Then she met a woman named Jo at the party who took care of the elephants -- I swear if she were older she may have asked for her autograph she was so in awe.

Katie and Ross enjoying some yummy cookies...




After adequately filling her tummy, Katie continued her craft-making. She proceeded to put as many penguin and other stickers as humanly possible on the frame she had painted explaining to me that "there are a lot of penguins at the zoo -- they have lots of friends."

2 comments:

Ross, Percy, and Anthony said...

Glad you and your daughter had a fun at the party. Sorry I missed it, but glad you met Ross and Anthony!

miyo b. said...

wow - you weren't kidding! what a great event!