The stand by our house is about to close, and the strawberries you get right now go bad so fast, it's virtually impossible to eat them all before they get mushy.
We've been experimenting with making strawberry mini muffins. We made some with our friends last week and have since made them four additional times tweaking the recipe each time.
I love that mini muffins bake so fast and since I've prepped strawberries in one cup increments my start-to-finish time is under a half hour now.
I added whole wheat flour (which is probably pretty much nixed health-wise if you add chocolate chips like me).
Strawberry Mini Muffins
1/4 C. canola oil
1/2 C. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 C. sugar
1/4 C. brown sugar
1 C. all-purpose flour
3/4 C. whole wheat flour
1 C. chopped strawberries
1/2 tsp. cinnamon 1 tsp vanilla
mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Combine all dry ingredients except cinnamon sugar in a bowl.
3. Combine all wet ingredients except strawberries in a separate bowl.
4. Mix dry and wet contents. Fold in strawberries (and mini chocolate chips if you're using them)
5. Scoop batter into muffin pan, then sprinkle cinnamon sugar over batter.
6. Bake for 13 min.