Wednesday, April 7, 2010

serendipity

Sometimes there's no other word for it.

My case in many points begins with the fact that it is WINDY today in Southern California. I mean it's blow-your-one-year-old-off-her-course-windy.

But, at our favorite beach....

No wind, low tide and these gorgeous yellow wildflowers on the hillsides.

Also, there wasn't a soul on the beach but us.


Until our friends got there.


The weather was warm but clear, which is rare.

You could see the islands beautifully today.

Then, a ladybug landed on Katie.


Although, as a disclaimer I do have to tell you that it is not uncommon during the Spring to find ladybugs on our beaches.

Not sure why but there have been a handful of times when we've been and there are literally tons of them.

Lastly, BOTH my kids kept their hats on the entire time at the beach.

All I can say is wow, the beach is definitely where we were meant to be today.

8 comments:

miyo b. said...

it really is amazing how different the weather seems to be at our "secret" beach. so fun - even if logan screamed every time he looked at the ocean.

Daniele said...

Love it! Which beach do you guys go to? Its amazing...love the flowers in the background.

jozen said...

GORGEOUS photos!!

jozen said...

looks like you all had such a splendid day :)

dana said...

Oh, this really makes me miss California....

Christie said...

I love great days at the beach! It makes packing everything up so worth it! Looks life FUN!!!

jen@odbt said...

Oh to have a beach that close. Love all the pics!

Laura said...

I wish we could have been there. I hope I'm done being sick for a while.