Sunday, March 15, 2009

Just Me and Katie

Since Maddie was born, Katie and Mama time has become harder to come by.

It's got to be so different for her. Just a mere 8 months ago it was the "Mama and Katie" show all day every day during the week.

Katie asked last week if she and I could go to a restaurant by ourselves one day.

I thought that was sweet.

Between a tight budget, the fact that Maddie goes to sleep early, and most importantly -- Maddie seems to hate being in a restaurant -- you seldom see a Little Wickie in a restaurant these days.

So, tonight we had a Mama and Katie night out.

I forgot how great she is in a restaurant. She wanted to eat "rice, broccoli, tofu and noodles," so we went to a Chinese restaurant and ordered way too much food.

Being used to scarfing down my food, I was done in about 15 minutes. Katie on the other hand sat there and chatted and ate for almost an hour.


Then, we went and got a pizookie from BJ's restaurant.

I had a really good time.

She makes me laugh every day, but I had forgotten how delightful that little girl can be in a restaurant.

I can't wait until the next girls night out with her.

7 comments:

dana said...

I lovvvvve Pizookies. YUM.
You really MUST go to the skirball. Every Thursday is FREE day, you just need to get your tickets online and in advance.
I guess you live in the LA area too? :). We're in Pasadena.

joyfulgirl said...

i LOVE date nights with my bri. it's so nice to get some big girl time with her alone. how great that you took the time to do it. what a cool mom!!!

Kate said...

I try and take Ben on "big boy errands"..(the toy store)..he loves it! It's hard to remember that in the hustle and bustle of 2 kids that it's awesome to spend time with just one!

Jenny said...

What a great time for you and Katie. Sometimes I forget that each child is their own unique personality when they're all together.

Catherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Catherine said...

A brilliant idea. I, too, have been thinking I need to have a Lucy and Mama date. Since Audrey arrived on the scene four weeks ago I have been very mindful of spending time with each, both together and separately.

How cute would you two look chatting and dining away in a restaurant!

dakotasmommy said...

that is awesome!