Monday, March 30, 2009

A Day at the Park

Katie has been asking to go to "the whale park" for the past week. So, today we headed out to Alameda Park in Santa Barbara.

We stopped by Panino -- thanks Miyo for introducing us to this place-- to pick up some delicious sandwiches. I had my favorite: #12, no mayo.

We had a picnic by the pond and watched the turtles, ducks and coy fish.

Katie and Dylann gave a couple of leftover crackers and pieces of rice cake to the ducks.


Today was a "special Monday" so Papa joined us. He makes every outing better.



Katie and Dylann found the perfect little nook between some palm trees.


It became their "bus." They took turns driving and drove to Paris, San Francisco and I think, Japan.

Logan even got a little love this afternoon too.

3 comments:

Lana Lulu Handmade said...

What a beautiful place to hangout! It does make it 10 times better when the whole family is together.

miyo b. said...

such a beautiful day - thanks for letting us crash "special monday!"

dana said...

What a fun outing! Your family is seriously TOO adorable. Cute cute cute, all of you.
And so funny that you grew up in our current stomping grounds! I love this area. We're currently house-hunting. I really hope it works out!

btw, can I get your email address? haha. There are many times I want to respond to one of your comments. But I feel funny leaving a random comment here in response :).
Mine is: danawillard@gmail.com

thanks Becky!