It's also been an exceptionally cool summer making turning on the oven not a big deal.
It was like a perfect storm.
We made the perennial favorite cowgirl cookies.
AND sugar cookies.
I love our cowgirl cookie recipe which I've adapted somewhat through time. It has a lot of cinnamon and I use part whole wheat flour (you can't even tell).
Cowgirl Cookies (Oatmeal Chocolate Chip)
1 C. butter
1 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 C. all purpose flour
1/2 C. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
3 C. oats
1-1/2 C. chocolate chips (we probably end up using 2 C. b/c that's how we roll when it comes to chocolate)
1 C. raisins (optional)
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Beat butter & sugars
3. Add eggs & vanilla; beat well
4. Mix flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a separate bowl
5. Add flour mixture to wet mixture
6. Stir in chocolate chips and raisins
7. Drop rounded tablespoons
8. Bake approximately 10 minutes
I hope I feel better soon so I can run some of these cookie calories off otherwise I'll be in trouble!