Thursday, September 3, 2009

muy caliente

I feel like I've been sweating day and night for awhile now. With no A/C we've been spending a lot of time outside doing things like this...


and this...
If we didn't live by the beach I don't know what we'd do.

We've spent a lot of time outside with our new patio set eating dinner on it every night for the past week.

I've gotten some inquiries about what I did for the seat cushions. I did end up making some with the help of my friends Miyo (who helped me find my way through a fabric store and brandished a sewing machine for the project) and Laura (who gave me extra batting). However, being an extreme novice I made them too small.

When you put the stuffing in the pillow it makes it smaller -- duh.

Oh well, when these wear out -- hopefully not for awhile as I bought Sunbrella material -- I'll be sure to measure the fabric a couple of inches bigger in diameter!

Good thing we have some little butts in our family.

8 comments:

jen@odbt said...

Look at you - you're muy caliente! Cute pic of you and the girls. The beach sounds like a perfect solution.

Jennifer said...

Ooh, I love how you incorporated the yellow anyway. Nice choice.

Kate said...

If I hadn't seen you pregnant w/ Maddie, I would seriously doubt you had ever had kids!! I also like the yellow w/ the turquoise!

Lana Lulu Handmade said...

I love the yellow! Great choice!!

miyo b. said...

hey hot mama!!! nice abs!!!

Becky said...

thank you for the compliments, though I do have to admit this is a more than flattering picture of me (thanks Laura). I like the yellow too, I was hoping for a prettier print, but the Sunbrella prints are fairly limited.

Becky said...

oh and please Miyo, I could only wish to have your abs...

Jenn Kirk said...

Maybe I can get away with a high-waisted skirt but NOT with bikini!