Monday, September 28, 2009

the third dimension

Today, Katie saw her first movie ... in 3D.

We had a nice little Mama and Katie afternoon. Following what is fast becoming tradition we had Chinese food. Later we headed to the theatre.

We saw the cute film based on the Judith Barrett's book Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

She loved the glasses, until the film started and she exclaimed, "I don't like it -- everything is too close!"

She got used to it and ended up thinking the movie was funny even though it was a bit over her head.

6 comments:

jen@odbt said...

Very cute specs!

What'cha think? My husband read there was some questionable language in it. It would totally go over my younger kids' heads but I know my 8 y.o. would pick up on it.

Kate said...

very cute! I'm thinking of taking Ben to see Toy Story 1 & 2 when it's in theaters next week....

dakotasmommy said...

those aren't too bad for 3-d glasses not like the flimsy things they used to give out.

joyfulgirl said...

i so love that you do this with katie. it is something she will really treasure...those mommy dates. you're an awesome mom! would you recommend the movie?

Becky said...

Jen - I saw that it had "brief mild language," but I'm not exactly sure what it was. It was a fairly tame movie, though I'm looking at it through the eyes of a 3-yr old not 8.

Aubrei - I would recommend it. Katie is scared of a lot of programs -- Disney is virtually off limits as even the cat in Cinderella scares her (I know, really). I picked this because there isn't really a bad guy (the mayor is not good, but he's not Disney evil).

Stasia said...

Ryder and I did this (his first time at the theaters) and we loved it in 3D. The only problem was the glasses kept slipping off his face and it was annoying ... he had to stay perfectly still with his head tilted back ... and then he'd laugh, and they'd fall off, and he'd get pissy. Oy vey.