Tuesday, September 1, 2009

bump

Yesterday at about 11, the preschool called me to let me know that Katie had an accident and had been crying for me.

I went to the school to find a decent sized knot above her left eye.

Apparently she stepped on the kid in front of her on the way back into class and fell -- into a wall by the door.

When I got there she was having a snack. She seemed okay, although the red-rimmed bleary eyes were tell tale of the crying that had taken place earlier.

I got to stay in the class the last 1/2 hour which was fun. I got to see Katie sing, dance and yell out answers to the teacher's questions.

She seems unfazed by the incident and said she really liked school which I was very glad to hear.

She was on a literal high after school -- hyper and super energized.

I'm just glad her accident didn't seem to overshadow the excitement of the day.

4 comments:

jen@odbt said...

Poor baby! But am glad that didn't stop her from having a great first day.

dakotasmommy said...

ouch that was a whopper.

Anonymous said...

Lay a steak on there. I think that's what Peter Brady did in one episode and he seemed to turn out just fine.

Jenn Kirk said...

Ouch. Bag of peas?