Wednesday, August 19, 2009

their own little giving trees

When Katie turned one my cousin Jennifer gave us money and instructed us to buy Katie a fruit tree.

Yesterday -- two and a half years later -- we finally got a dwarf apple tree (there was much discussion and contemplation between this and a peach tree).


Our friends the Fongs gave Maddie a dwarf tangelo tree for her first birthday so now both the girls have trees.

Hopefully there will be lots of sweet fruity goodness from these trees over the years!

4 comments:

Kate said...

What a great gift idea! We have a dwarf lemon and lime....I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get something out them!

the shoppe owner said...

Such a lovely gift. I hope they bloom and grow forever for you and your girls.

Care said...

what a fabulous idea! i might have to do this for my kids!

Jenn Kirk said...

What a sweet tradition!