Friday, August 7, 2009

isn't 5:00 supposed to be cocktail hour?

As of late Katie and I tend to get in what I call our "Five o'clock Fight."

It usually lasts the 45 minutes before Papa comes home and is smack-dab in the middle of my pick up the house, make dinner timeframe.

Lately even Maddie has been fussy.

Everyone loves the beach in our household and I've found if we make it there in the afternoon, the dukes don't seem to go up when the bell dings at five.

It takes some pre-afternoon planning to make sure we have something for dinner and I have to throw the sand monsters in the bath when we get home before we eat -- but it's worth it.

Because love is better than war...

2 comments:

jen@odbt said...

Looks like Maddie is ready to shake her groove thing. I'm very familiar with 5:00 and just wait when your kids get to my kids' age, you can just boot 'em outside to play. Lucky you have the beach to distract and entertain.

Kate said...

I think 5 o'clock signals fight time for a lot of households! You are not alone!!