Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Like watching water boil


Like her mama, Katie is learning to love to bake. This week we made snickerdoodles.

My favorite part was when Katie decided she was going to watch the butter soften on the counter. She just stood there on a stool watching it, poking it every 40 seconds or so and reporting "it's not soft yet mama."

Snickerdoodles I've found are a great activity for us. Katie loves making little balls of dough and rolling them in the cinnamon sugar.

I've found no matter how disfigured the ball may look when Katie is done with it -- they always turn out looking (and tasting) pretty darn good.

3 comments:

Kate said...

those are some good lookin' snickerdoodles!

jen@odbt said...

I'm not much of a baker so Katie is welcome at my house anytime :) Do you have any easy recipe for snickerdoodles?

SFYoung said...

Snickerdoodles....yummy yummy for Uncle Scottie's tummy!!