Thursday, July 16, 2009

beach days

As you've probably noticed we've logged a lot of time at the beach in the past few weeks.

This week was no different.

We convinced friends to go with us twice this week.

On Tuesday sweet, sweet Georgia came with us.

We built a pool for the girls and Parker and Katie had a great time launching themselves into it.

Logan hung out with a bevy of ladies at the beach.

Apparently we went to the well too many times and today it was really foggy and chilly at the beach.

Unfortunately that did not deter Katie.

"Mama, I want to go really deep in the water... up to here (putting her hand on her collar bone)!"

Sweet.

So, Mama got to take all her clothes off while all the other bundled up mommies and kiddos watched from dry land as she plunged waist deep into less than warm water.

My little cowgirl, lasso in hand.


Amazingly, she managed to whip herself in the eye only once.

Makayla stayed sand-free and dry until Maddie put her sandy hands in her hair two minutes before we left.

The sand monster...

The object of desire today -- and I mean seriously coveted and fought over by the girls -- was Hayley's Ariel sand mold.

Here Dylann is explaining the story of Ariel to me as she plays with the prized piece of plastic.
My little mermaid soaking in a tub full of sand after the beach...
Then the little princess pooped out in her castle we built earlier in the week.

Look closely she's in there...

1 comment:

Lana Lulu Handmade said...

Have I told ya how jealous I am of you living so close to the beach. I am. and I love that pick with the lasso. Too cute.