Monday, October 27, 2008

Super Katie

One of Katie's little friends Kai had a truly Martha-worthy party this weekend. His mom Jenn --you can see her creative wares at Ambrosia Girl -- did a more than spectacular job dreaming up a super-fun morning. I kept bumping into Jenn at Michael's (I personally am not a regular there, I was just getting something framed) and now after this weekend I understand what she was up to. She had parents help make a little craft upon arrival: a cool cape for the kids marked with their initial. And, of course there was a mask to complete the ensemble.

Katie wore the mask on and off the entire weekend.

Some pictures of Super Katie...









And, some help flying from Papa.
I have to stop and interject here before the next photo. Some of you may have noticed in the previous two pictures Song is wearing a Raiders hat. Those of you who know him are probably thinking "what?!" as he is a known 49ers fan. My husband the brilliant man that he is made a bet with a friend of his. Guess who lost the bet. Now Song will be wearing this hat every weekend until the Super Bowl.
Nice pins all over the hat right?
And, yes that is patent leather on the sides.
I'm not sure who lost the bet, him or me as I'm the one who has to be seen with him every weekend until February.













Super Katie and her partner in crime Super Dylann.

Birthday boy Super Kai.

3 comments:

miyo b. said...

love the disclosure about song's hat! great pictures!

Becky said...

I have to protect my own interests you know...

Jenn Kirk said...

Haha, you're so nice to say that it was Martha-Stewart worthy! I'm glad you guys were able to make it and that the girls enjoyed being superheroes. Your two gals are going to grow up to be heartbreakers, for sure.