Friday, October 17, 2008

The Best Job Ever

I'll be honest, my patience has been wearing more than thin these days. I feel like someone is always whining, crying or demanding something of me. Or, I'm scolding or feeding someone. Figuring out how to manage two kids has not been an easy task for me. I've been trying really hard to get out of the house with the kids at least once a day. Katie and I get stir crazy if we don't, but preparing for, coordinating and timing everything -- naps, snacks, activities, feedings, and now potty breaks -- has proved extremeley challenging.

I decided not to go to the beach today because as I was thinking through everything I'd need to carry with me -- Maddie in the bjorn, backpack, sand toys, an umbrella, all while holding Katie's hand -- I got overwhelmed. I felt really guilt because Katie loves the beach.

I've just found myself very, very tired of late, hence the small amount of patience (and my permanent ponytail hairdo).

But, it seems like everytime I get to the point where I'm thinking "this is crazy, why am I doing all of this?" I get a huge smile like this:

or, Katie walks around the corner looking like this:

and then I know this is the best job I'll ever have.

1 comment:

miyo b. said...

awww, how sweet! i agree - a very challenging job, but the most rewarding of all!