Monday, October 6, 2008

Hanging Out With Maddie

So, every other Monday Katie spends the day with her grandparents. Before Maddie was born it was my day to clean the house, run a million errands and do some serious uninterrupted writing.

Now, it's my day to spend with Maddie. While I still feel obligated to run around like mad doing a litany of things I'd rather not do with a two-year-old in tow, I make sure I spend time with Maddie just holding her, giving her tummy, etc. While I try to do this everyday, it is inevitably interrupted by the needs of her sister (you know, "I need a snack," "I need my hat," and sometimes she actually states "I need something.")

Today, Maddie and I did a little photo shoot...

Later, upon returning from a couple of errands we came home to a package on our doorstep. It was from the gentleman I work with at the zoo (I'm in an extended process of publishing a book with the Santa Barbara Zoo). The package was filled with all sorts of goodies for my little girls. So sweet of him! There was a pretty little Patrica Ann Designs baby blanket , a "big sister" and "little sister" set of snow leopards and the book Zoo Poo.

Maddie with some new goodies...

No comments: