Friday, April 8, 2011

b.f.f.

I have to admit when I first learned we were going to have a second girl there was a tiny part of me that was disappointed.

But, the more I thought about it the more I got excited. Now, I don't know how well I would have fared with a boy.

I love the dynamic of having two girls (I know, remind me of this post when I have two teenage girls).

While my brother and I are close I feel like with two girls, there is the real possibility of them truly being best friends. I really like seeing how they play with each other, enjoy each other's company and are learning to respect each other when figuring out how to play together.

Awhile back we moved them into the same room. They are loving it. If one wakes up before the other the first thing she asks with sleepy eyes is "where is sis?"

Sometimes they hold hands in bed which is the cutest thing (note to self: need to take a picture of that).

Every night we sneak in to peek on them.

Funny thing is while we often find them in a state such as this...

In the morning they are always back in "normal" positions, heads on pillows with the blankets pulled to their chins.

6 comments:

Kate said...

i feel the same way about my boys. some mornings i peek in and find them all snuggled up together.....

Jen said...

Couldn't agree more! And since moving our biggest two into the same room, they play better and rely on each other more than ever. Lately Liv says things like, "I only want to go if Malia can go too." It seriously makes my heart feel like it's gonna burst. And it makes me wish I had a sister...

Catherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Catherine said...

Gorgeous! My two girls have just now started sharing a room. The dialogue bewteen them in the morning is the greatest show on earth! This morning Lucy sneezed a few times, to which Audrey (2) called out several times 'y'right ucy?' in her toddler babble. I didn't know what to expect moving them in together, but it's working amazingly.

jozen said...

i'm so sad that we weren't able to meet up! my girls and your girls would have had a blast!!!

ps. i LOVE having 2 girls... they are each other's best friends... but they are my best friends as well.

Alely said...

precious!