Saturday, February 6, 2010

spinach latkes

It takes me at least 3-4 minutes to get the kids out of the car and into a store. When it's raining, this translates into all of us being soaking wet by the time we get inside.

Because of this, my pantry and refrigerator tend to get a bit sparse during rainstorms.

Spinach latkes are something that I almost always have the ingredients for.

I love that they are insanely easy to make.

This past rainstorm I made them in the oven instead of frying them in a pan.

I use a latke mix and add an obscene amount of spinach (upwards of 2 cups of frozen spinach). The mix basically barely holds together all the spinach. But I like it that way.

Katie doesn't like them (shocker), but Maddie will eat them which is great, since the girl hardly eats anything these days.

Oh, and man food photography is not easy. I guess that's why we used to always pay someone gobs of money to take it at my old job.

1 comment:

Jenn Kirk said...

Great idea! I will have to try this one on my kids.

Another good kid veggie recipe is/are? the Martha Stewart pea fritters. Have you tried those? A little oily, but I wonder if you can just back them like you did w/ the latkes.