Wednesday, March 7, 2012

a misnomer


We had a very busy weekend which included Katie's talent show performance (video and photos to come later) and my friend's party (perhaps a post later see some video here - yes that's me in the back corner).

Then, at our Monday appointment the doctor discovered Katie's arm had moved out of alignment. We ended up spending the entire day in the hospital. The procedure wasn't so bad, it was the whole process leading into and coming out of anesthesia which proved to be trying.

Let me be clear: The picture above is a COMPLETE MISREPRESENTATION of the entire day which was filled with tears and whining. She smiled because she had been given her some "happy" juice. She still freaked out when they started wheeling her away, and I ended up in scrubs accompanying her in.

Whew what day.

3 comments:

Sandy a la Mode said...

awww so sorry to hear that! hope she recovers well!

Stasia said...

Oh my goodness! She is a strong little girl ... and you are a strong mama! Hope both of you have recovered and are doing better. :)

Tab said...

:( <> And I thought my weekend of lice removal was a pain, I stand corrected. I hope you both are feeling better already!!! Stupid broken bones making everyone's lives miserable :P May all your bones be made of titanium from now on! :D