Monday, June 8, 2009

In the city with the girls

I know I've said it before, but I miss the City.

On Sunday I met two of my best friends Lyndsay and Laura in the City to see a play and to do dinner.

I took the train in. I rode BART to work for years and years which made it a bit nostalgic for me.

I just love all the hidden alleys and old advertising and random things you see in the City.

We saw the Broadway musical Spamalot -- which was hilarious. I'm not always into Monty Python/Benny Hill-type humor, but it really worked for me on stage.

After, we headed over to Belden Alley, an old haunt from the days I worked in the Financial District. We shared some really fun and yummy plates at B44.

I love my life in our little beach town, but sometimes (and, I'll only say it one more time) I really miss the City.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

did you leave out of Santa Barbara? The best train trip I can find is 9 hours...

jen@odbt said...

Hooray for girls day out!

Becky said...

Jennifer, we drove up to the Bay Area. My MIL lives in East Bay so I BART-ed into the City from there. I've looked at it before and Amtrak is not very direct and nto the best (or cheapest) way to go which is a bummer.

Jennifer said...

Ok... that makes so much more sense. I was a bit surprised you were willing to pay that price for train tickets. Especially since the drive is shorter than the train trip by far.

Anonymous said...

Nor Cal Rules!

Kate said...

I do not blame you for missing the city! I love SF!

miyo b. said...

sounds like you had a great adult evening!! jealous.