Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mommies & Kiddos Day at the Beach

Today was a great day to live in a beach town.

I love that you can wake up in the morning and decide, "it feels warm today, we should go to the beach."

Sure, Little Wickies + sand = a ton of mess and work for mom, but it is always well worth it.

Here is Parker and Katie -- sand-free and dry -- ready to start the day at the beach.

I just loved how Katie and Fin would sit, shoulder to shoulder, and wait for waves to come to them so they could fill their buckets.
Madeleine and Georgia started off like babies should be at the beach, their delicate skin covered with hats, sunglasses and other such appropriate garb.

But soon after they got into the mix and became little sand monsters just like the rest of them.


Today was the first day we ventured to the beach without Papa.

The moms -- three of us -- were severely outnumbered today, but I think we did pretty good.

I love this picture of Laura posing here as Supermom with all of our kids -- all six of them.











5 comments:

Jenny said...

I can't wait to hit the beach. You're so lucky to have it so close. Good times!

Kate said...

Fun! Looks like you guys had a great time!

dana said...

Oh that looks so fun! I'm jealous you live so close.

Jennifer said...

What Fun! I do believe this is my first glimpse of Wyatt! What a cutie.

Laura said...

Great pictures Becky. I agree, despite the amount of work it is for us mommies, it was a great day! I keep laughing at Christie's answer when I asked her how she got all her stuff down to the beach..."like a pack mule!"