Thursday, May 14, 2009

Alone Time

I found myself with a couple of hours and no children on Friday. I was so giddy I didn't know what to do with myself.

Do I clean my floor? Do I mow the lawn? Do I nap?

In the end, I went antiquing.

Let me caveat this by saying, I'm not a real antique shopper. I just like looking at things.

I ended up buying two little metallic trays. I had Maddie's room in mind which is green and yellow (maybe I'll snap some shots of it someday). This first one works perfectly and we now have it on her dresser with her lotion and hand cleaner on it.

This second one will be finding a home in the girls' kitchen.


I had thought about getting a massage, but I'm really glad I didn't. I spent way less money, and am very pleased with my little finds.

$4 -- metallic tray
$3 -- metallic tray
$4.75 -- an incredibly rich ham & cheese croissant at the bakery
------------
one wonderful little outing

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Yahoo for alone time! I'm glad you did something fun for you.

miyo b. said...

those trays are so sweet. would love to go antiquing with you.

dana said...

Oh, i wish i could have joined you! :). there are so many great antique/thrift shops there in Ventura. time well spent! and very cute finds.

Lana Lulu Handmade said...

Ooooo, nice find becky! You did good. Better than mopping floors!