Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sickening Tale

Some of you already know this, but the Little Wickies aren't always as sweet as they may seem. Generally, you're seeing pictures and video of them on good days having great fun. But let me tell you, those Little Wickies have their dark sides every now and then.

Ever since Katie was little she would get sick when she was really upset -- and, yes I did say get sick, as in throw up.

Now that she is older it has become her "weapon" of choice against us.

Yesterday she decided she did not need a nap. She had "quiet time" instead in her room.

As what I believe was a direct result, Ms. I-Don't-Need-A-Nap had a series of break downs in the afternoon. Finally I told her if she was going to continue to cry she needed to go and do it in her room. She went in her room, and quickly came out yelling, "I'm going to get sick."

I promptly gave her a bowl and sent her back to her room. Most of the time the "I'm going to get sick" routine is a bluff. However, judging when it is and isn't a sham is like a dangerous game of Russian Roulette. I don't recommend it for the faint of heart - or for those who are vehemently against cleaning vomit out of sheets, carpet, etc.

She went back in and cried. I listened carefully to make sure she wasn't indeed getting sick. After 15 minutes -- silence. I went in and found this.

That's right, passed out on the bean bag with the bowl on her lap.

Seriously, that girl is something else.

5 comments:

Jenn Kirk said...

Oh!! Poor Katie. Poor mom! Hope you have a steam vac. That thing kept my fragile sanity intact during PTing Kai.

Jenny said...

I know my daughter pulled a lot of "I don't need a nap" fights to then do exactly what your daughter did. They use up all the energy fighting it that they fall asleep. Don't they know that naps are so good for you? That is an adorable picture.

Becky said...

Are you kidding me, yes we have a steam vac. The very first time she did it we had to go to the grocery store and rent one -- I remember it distinctly, she had yams and I had to keep the floor damp all night until the next morning when we could clean it!

Lana Lulu Handmade said...

Becky, I found your blog through fb and your girls are darling. Love your posts. Sounds like your girls are keeping mom busy!

Anonymous said...

Cute daughters!!!