Saturday, November 1, 2008

Dragon Tales

We were in the store awhile ago and I was showing Kaitlyn some different costumes for Halloween. I showed her the cute little mouse costume, and some others when when Katie exclaimed "what's that?!" She pointed to this bright red and blue thing.

"Oh, that's a dragon," I sad nonchalantly.

"I want that."

So, a dragon she was. I was a little disappointed at first. The costume looked obnoxious on the hanger in the store and it was clearly on the "boys" side of the costumes. But, once she had it on I realized it was perfect.

I don't think she really knew what a dragon was. I thought about it and none of her books have dragons in them, and she pretty much only watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (her favorite) on television. And, since I've also seen every episode (there are unfortunately a fairly limited number of episodes) I know there is not one with a dragon.

As always the kids were ridiculously cute all together...


The kids were into the trick or treating part this year.

The mission to obtain candy prevailed as the troops pushed on through a number of sometimes scary and difficult obstacles -- through a house with a moving hand in a candy bowl that made a grab for them when they reached for treats, through some pretty dense fog that made it difficult to see and further obscured some frightening decorations and finally a good spill followed by tears over a small brick garden divider by Katie.



I love this picture because it reminds me of that children's book Frog and Toad are Friends, except the book would be titled Mouse and Dragon are Friends.


Enjoying their loot on the front porch.

1 comment:

Jenn Kirk said...

They all look super cute. Kai was being weird with his costume choices, too. He was throwing out 'cat' and 'witch' and I was like, "Eh, really? Are you sure?"