Thursday, January 27, 2011

open waters

Katie refuses to swim more than 3 feet in her swim class. Any further and she insists her teacher keep her hand under her stomach (so she knows she's there).

I recorded this little video this week...


Apparently, if she's close enough to the edge she feels "safe."

Man that girl can be such a head case (I mean that in the nicest, most loving way possible of course).

On the other end of the fear/no fear spectrum there is my two-year old. She is now actually swimming about 5-6 feet by herself.


Bring on summer!

4 comments:

ricebabies said...

I sometimes, think the same of my oldest "headcase" but it's usually at dinner time. ha ha He has some eating habits.


They are doing a great job. I love swimming.

miyo b. said...

wow - little maddie swimming!!!

Sandy a la Mode said...

hehe that is soo adorable!! sometimes kids do the darndest things!! :)

Alely said...

too funny. i remember being just like her and i am still not fond of swimming : )