Thursday, September 2, 2010

you know how sometimes the box

is better than the toy?

This week we got a U.S. map to put behind Maddie's door. It was too big so I trimmed it to fit.

Katie took the scraps while I was cleaning up breakfast and getting ready and made this.

That would be her own tape measure measuring 0...
...to 60

All morning she was running around the house measuring things in what I call the "Katric" system.

The increments are a bit larger than traditional inches, e.g., while I normally stand an impressive 62 inches, I'm only about 57 "kinches."

7 comments:

jen@odbt said...

How creative! She is just like my daughter...always coming up with something.

Jennifer said...

Wow, Katie has her numbers down! And really, she is a mere 5 inches off, gotta admit, that's impressive.

annabski said...

Super wow!!! Writing numbers to 30 is a kinder standard! What a smarty!

Becky said...

anna, oh there are a lot of mysterious numbers in between, 3's that look like capital E's, numbers like 17 are turned to read 71 -- she definitely doesn't have them all down quite yet!

annabski said...

Becky, reversals are totally cool and even acceptable from 1st graders! Admit it, she's a smarty, just like her mama!

Laura said...

I am thoroughly impressed!!!

jozen said...

SO cute! love it!