Thursday, January 7, 2010

little hearts breaking this side of the atlantic

We are sad.

Some of our dear friends left the country at the end of the year.

Today when we were driving Katie told me she didn't get to see Lara enough and she wanted to play with her.

"I'm sorry, they are gone honey."

"Will they ever be back?"

I told her I didn't know getting misty, not knowing what else to say. We thought the kids would be friends forever, go through childhood together.

"It's not fair," she said.

No it isn't.

3 comments:

jen@odbt said...

It isn't fair. I felt that way when my friend moved away two summers ago. Can you give them a skype playdate or maybe they could become pen pals?

Stasia said...

But it's good for the mama and the kids, right? I'm glad she is back home with her family although I'm sure her "family" of friends here will miss her also.

miyo b. said...

great, it's 8am and i'm crying - thanks. we miss her too.