Sunday, July 24, 2011

summer reading


While I have a stack of books in my "to be read" pile under my nightstand, I generally have an audio book or two on my iPod for when I go running, or when performing something mundane like dishes.

I tend to download classics, because they are free.

I just finished Orlando by Virginia Woolf. Before now, I had never tackled anything by her. To be honest, I was a bit intimidated. But, I have to say I really enjoyed this book. It was funny and interesting.

To sum it up it's about a man named Orlando in the 16th century. He lives a very quirky life, oh, and he never grows old. And, then about a hundred or so years in, he wakes up as a woman -- and his/her life gets even quirkier. The book goes through "present day" (which is 1928).

I need some more classics to download on my iPod.

Do you have a favorite classic novel?

3 comments:

ricebabies said...

Not a novel, but I grabbed Spousonomics for my trip to Texas.

jozen said...

most definitely Jane eyre! and it's not a classic but I just finished the help and I loved it! a definite must read!

mr valdez and mrs valdez said...

it was lovely meeting you on saturday and learning about your precious children (who are ADORABLE by the way) and their sense of style. ;)