Friday, May 22, 2020

this girl ...


...just got voted "most musical," by her 8th grade class.

The beginning of quarantine was tough for her.  Everyday she'd come into my office:
"We should be performing in Simi today..."
"What are we doing today?"
"We would be having our dance today."
"We'd be on Spring Tour today."
"Can we go to the beach tomorrow?"
She was pretty mad about her social life being put on indefinite hold.

Two months later it's down to:
"What are we doing today"
"Can we go to the beach tomorrow?"
She's definitely less angry which is nice.

I get it, no music trip, no Washington D.C. trip, no 8th grade dance, no 8th grade promotion event (which has been rescheduled as a "drive through" event -- that will be interesting) and probably 6+ music performances cancelled.  It really isn't fair.  I keep telling her, at least she's not a high school senior.

She has been doing a lot of solo music.  She has started composing using software which I for one think is pretty impressive (yes, I'm her mom, but still).

All in all we've settled into quarantine life pretty nicely.  The girls and I have found our weekday rhythm and I have to admit -- it's not terrible.

No comments: