Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Days Like These

Facts:  Song is out of town.  We scheduled the furnace to be replaced this week.

Presumptions:  The furnace company was supposed to come on Tuesday and replace the furnace and ducts in one day, starting at 8 a.m. and finishing at approximately 2 p.m.

Reality:

  • It takes two full days.  They end up leaving at 6:20 p.m. on Wednesday.
  • A City inspector shows up on day 2, and writes our project up for not having a permit.
  • When I ask about the "ticket" Robert from the furnace company replies he doesn't think it's in the contract that they pull the permit.  Songer says he was told by Ben a permit would be pulled.  *plot twist*  Ben no longer works for the company!  


More Reality:
  • I take Fitz for an outing in the orchard after dinner because the dog has been on leash when inside for 2 days because the furnace guys were working.  He runs around like a happy maniac.

  • They are watering some of the trees, and his paws get muddy.  I rinse them off when we return, and find....
  • KT is trying to take a shower but there is no hot water! Apparently, when they turned the gas off yesterday, the pilot light went out, and hence our water heater was not... well, heating water.
  • I try to light the pilot with no avail. I follow the directions, I google how to do it -- no go.  I have to call Ray.
  • I get off the phone and the kids are screaming.  I go and find Fitz rolling in the now small mud puddle that was created when I rinsed his paws off.  He's now covered in mud.
  • Ray who seems a little annoyed graciously lights my pilot light -- in like, 2 seconds -- making me feel like a stereotypical completely incompetent woman.
To add insult to injury, we have apparently lost the wine opener, and I am forced to drink beer utilizing the opener screwed into the trellis.  Nothing like having to go outside every time I want to open a beverage.

Calling it a night. 

No comments: