Wednesday, September 30, 2009

creating a miniature me

"She looks just like you!"
"OMG, she's a mini me!"
"It's like someone took your face and put it on that little girl!"

At least once a month a complete stranger will come up to say Katie and I look exactly alike.

I loved The Sound of Music as a young girl. Now, I've trained -- err, I mean, some how managed to pass down this love to Kaitlyn.

Per her request we listen to the soundtrack daily.

She's also way into Cinderella right now which she feels she needs to dress up as when performing songs from the musical.


7 comments:

miyo b. said...

omg, i love the "ti" part - looks like she's downing a shot of something! go katie! and yes, she looks exactly like you - you should post that picture of yourself when you were 4.

Stasia said...

I love-love-love The Sound of Music. Please can I be Katie's mama for a day and we can spend the day singing and dancing?!?!? And you and Ryder can spend it watching Transformers for the 5,627th time.

jen@odbt said...

I can say I 'knew' Katie back in the day before she gets all famous. That is so sweet and looks like Maddie wants in on the action too.

joyfulgirl said...

she is too cute! maya just wants to watch this clip over and over of katie singing. i just love how she emphasizes the first word of every verse, like she REALLY means it:)

Kate said...

I'm with Stasia!!! I'll take SOM over Indiana Jones..that would be a refreshing change!!

Unknown said...

I love this! My girls are huge sound of music fans too. They sing do re mi at the top of their lungs in the car and act out the scenes with their dollies all of the time. I can't wait to show this to them tomorrow.

dakotasmommy said...

that was pretty darn sweet!