Sunday, March 1, 2009

I love my Song

Thirteen years ago today Song and I went out on our first date.

We ate at Tony Roma's which was "big time" for poor college students.

Neither of us ordered ribs even though we both admitted to loving them later. Ribs, we agreed were too much of a risk factor for a first date -- dripping BBQ sauce, the food in the teeth possibility, etc.

For a long time we'd always make it a point to eat at Tony Roma's on Mar. 1.

Unlike the first date, we would both order ribs.

Now, the only one within a 30-mile radius is closed and I can't fathom trying to eat a rib dinner in public with two little ones to tend too.

But, we always try to do something a little special.

Today, I made heart brownies and we're going to BBQ at home.

Times have changed, but I wouldn't trade where we are now for the world.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I love that you remember your first date and still celebrate it. Hope the bbq was delish. The brownies sure look good.

dana said...

so cute. And those look DELISH.
re: the cake recipe on my blog...
You're right, it does look like a brownie! but it's SUPER moist and soft like a cake.

Hope you had a nice weekend.

Kate said...

what a sweet entry..and yummy looking brownies!

Ross, Percy, and Anthony said...

mmm, those brownies look so good. And how creative are you! Like you I would not change NOW for anything. Congrats and hope you had a wondeful day.